return to Goddess Reference
or use Her Cyclopedia Index
SYMBOLS OF THE GODDESS -- F...
- ostrich feather (Egyptian) -- symbol of Maat. The heart, at death, is
weighed against the feather, and they must balance equally. [True action and
thought make one "light of heart"].
- 5-pointed star (Christian > Syria) -- sacred to Anne.
- 5-pointed star (Greek) -- sacred to Hesperides.
- 5-pointed-leafed trees (Sparta) -- sacred to Helene.
- flail (Syria) -- sacred to Anath, with which She beats Mot.
- flowers, [anthers] (Crete) -- sacred to Antheia.
- flowers, especially when sent to weddings (Crete) -- sacred to Antheia.
- flowers, [pollen] (Crete) -- sacred to Antheia.
- FLY see also WEB, fly caught in
- A common archaic symbol of the human soul even tought to be the actual
embodiment of the soul in passage from one life to the next. WEMS/54.
- FOOD see also HONEY
- food (Hindustani) -- sacred to Annapurna Anna means food. Sustenance in a
mystical sense. It is the lowest form in which the supreme essence is
- forehead (Hindustani) -- sacred to Ambika, She gave birth to Kali from Her
head. The forehead is believed to be the seat of the emotions especially of
- FOUR-CORNERS of the world
- one corner is sacred to Alom, qv Alaghom-naom.
- one corner is sacred to Qaholom, qv Alaghom-Naom.
- flax (Egyptian) -- sacred to Isis.
- lake of sacred fish -- sacred to Derceto.
- FRESH WATER
- fresh water -- sacred to Zarpanit.
- frog (Egyptian) -- sacred to Heket.
Return to the top of this document.