return to Goddess Reference
or use Her Cyclopedia Index
SYMBOLS OF THE GODDESS -- I...
- IBEX (wild-goat), see also GOAT
- ibex -- perhaps sacred to Dilbah, (qv Agasaya), warrior aspect of Ishtar, because 'a horned beast, probably an ibex' was sacred to Athas who was the God manifest in the planet venus to the South Arabians and who seems to have become the warrior aspect of Ishtar.
- ibex -- sacred to Aega because one of the possible meanings of Her name is 'wild-goat'.
- ice (Norse) -- sacred to Authumla.
- iris plant, flower & root (Greek) -- sacred to Iris.
- the island of Seheil (Egypt) -- sacred to Anuket.
- ivy (Greek) -- sacred to Hebe.
Return to the top of this document.